Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Memories of haven

A moment so beautiful you will never forget
A word so compassionate forms a loving silhouette
A touch filled with passion and desire
Captures the love amongst indousable fires

A promise so true, I cannot imagine
From no one else but next in kin
You have but yet proven me wrong
Your promises ever so true and strong

In that moment of promised eternity
I can't help but feel a sense of serenity
Through the words of warmth and comfort
Enveloping my being, protecting from hurt

Yet here I am, alone and battered
By the jaws of time, all faith shattered
Unable to comprehend the loss of security
When I always believed we were meant to be

Trust gone awry, love gone astray
How did it reach a point of dismay
With the memories of haven all away
And no one but myself to face the day...

No comments: